Range Rules & SAFETY PLAN
DSS was formed in early 2017 to continue the operation of the outdoor shooting range located on Alliance Road in Deerfield, Ohio. The Mission of DSS is to continue to support and grow the practical shooting sports in Northeast Ohio and to provide a safe facility for firearms and defensive training. Dynamic Shooting Sports, LLC offers a wide range of competitive shooting matches each month: USPSA, 3 Gun Nation, a weekly static steel match and more. DSS has 4 outdoor shooting bays varying in size that are used for matches, training for season pass holders, and are available for rent by instructors for their classes.
Gun Handling Rules:
- Always keep the firearm pointed in a safe direction. Do not point a firearm at anything you do not want to destroy.
- Keep fingers off the trigger and outside the trigger guard until you are ready to shoot.
- Keep firearms not in use, cased and unloaded. If a firearm cannot be cased, keep the chamber open and the firearm unloaded until ready to use. Handguns that are holstered should remain unloaded until it is your turn to shoot.
- It is each shooters responsibility to store their firearms so that they are not accessible to unauthorized persons or children.
- Always identify your target and know what is in front of it, behind it and to each side.
- On the firing line or during the course of fire, always point the muzzle down range. This is the only safe direction.
- Each person must ensure their firearms are safe to operate and that the firearm and the ammunition are compatible.
- It is each person’s responsibility to know how the firearm operates that they are using.
- Proper eye and ear protection must be worn at all times. This includes bystanders and observers.
- The use of drugs or alcohol on Dynamic Shooting Sports, LLC’s facilities is prohibited. Persons under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be denied access to Dynamic Shooting Sports, LLC facilities and proper authorities will be contacted.
- Commands issued by the Range Safety Officer ("RSO") or any range staff must be followed immediately.
- It is each shooters responsibility to know at all times where all other persons are located when discharging their firearms.
- Paper and cardboard targets are acceptable.
- Steel targets may be used for hand gun shooting only (less than 1500fps) and cannot be engaged closer than 10 yards. Steel targets may not be used for rifle or shotgun unless prior authorization has been granted.
- No explosive or binary targets. Nothing is to be used as a target other than stated above. No cans, bottles, rocks, wood structures, etc.
- If a target, target stand, or other range equipment becomes broken or unsafe, you must immediately discontinue use of such item and report this to Dynamic Shooting Sports, LLC.
- When 2 or more shooters are using the same bay, shooters should consult each other before moving down range from the firing line.
- Unload, open the action, ground or holster (unload first) all firearms during a cease-fire or prior to someone moving down range to the target area.
Specific Range Rules:
- Hours of operation for all shooting activities is from 8:00AM to 8:00PM or dusk (whichever is earlier).
- Shooting after dark is not allowed.
- Handguns, rifles, carbines, and shotguns are acceptable for shooting activities.
- There are no restrictions on handgun caliber at our range.
- Permission from DSS is required to use rifles and carbines chambered in .40 - .50 calibers. They are restricted to use in the rifle bay only and may only be shot directly downrange. All smaller rifle calibers are acceptable.
- 10 Gauge is largest acceptable shotgun gauge permitted for use at our range.
- Permission from DSS is required before using any fully automatic firearm at the range.
- Tracer, steel core, armor piercing, and black or green tip ammunition are not allowed on the range.
- Dynamic Shooting Sports, LLC reserves the right to inspect all ammunition and firearms and make further prohibitions solely at their own judgement without prior notification.
- Never enter Dynamic Shooting Sports, LLC with a loaded firearm, other than a CCW weapon, which must remain holstered. An individual entering Dynamic Shooting Sports, LLC with a CCW weapon must proceed directly to a marked Safety Area, then clear the weapon of all ammunition and continue to follow all Range Rule and/or commands from a Range Safety Officer. Law enforcement officers are exempt.
- After entering the parking lot from the road, leave the gate shut but not locked. Do not park in manner that blocks access to the path back to the shooting bays. Access for emergency personnel and vehicles must be maintained at all times.
- Do no pull personal vehicles into the shooting bay area, they must remain in the parking area.
- No person shall walk on the berms at any time. Targets may not be place on any berm or in a position that the target may be knocked over or shot onto a berm.
- All firearms shall be discharged downrange of the covered area provided in each shooting bay.
- Individuals may police your own brass, but it is not required.
- Shotgun shells must be policed and deposited in an appropriate waste receptacle.
- Fires and burn barrels are prohibited at Dynamic Shooting Sports, LLC. Do not bring any flammable liquids to the range.
- Dispose of waste and trash in the appropriate receptacles.
- Do not dispose of any unfired ammunition in any trash or waste receptacle at Dynamic Shooting Sports, LLC’s facilities.
- Any personal items brought onto Dynamic Shooting Sports, LCC’s facilities must be removed when you leave.
- All those who wish to use Dynamic Shooting Sports, LLC’s facilities in any capacity - whether observing, shooting a personal firearm, attending classes, participating in matches, etc. – must sign in and out in the Log Book provided in the Season Pass Holder Barn and fully complete the liability waiver.
- Any accident, incident, or violation of the firearm safety rules, operating procedures (Range Rules), or RSO instructions must be immediately reported to Dynamic Shooting Sports, LLC.
- If a situation arises that requires emergency personnel to enter the range, then all shooting will immediately cease and all firearms will be unloaded, cleared and cased.
- Shooters must be 18 years of age or older. Anyone under the age of 18 years of age must be supervised by a parent or guardian.
- For Season Pass Holders:
- A Season Pass will be mailed to the address you provided. Your pass must be kept with you at all times when using the range for personal use. Another Season Pass holder or Dynamic Shooting Sports, LLC representative may ask you to produce a current season pass at any time while using Dynamic Shooting Sports, LLC’s facilities.
- Season Pass Holders are permitted one guest to accompany them per visit. Each guest must complete the liability waiver in its entirety prior to using Dynamic Shooting Sports, LLC’s facilities and sign-in/out in the log book. Waivers are available in the Season Pass Holders barn.
- Guests are permitted three (3) visits for the use of Dynamic Shooting Sports, LLC’s facilities before being required to purchase their own Season Pass. This does not apply to people who are just observing or that are in attendance of training class, competitive match, or Dynamic Shooting Sports, LLC event.
- It is the Season Pass holder’s responsibility to ensure that all guests understand and abide all the gun handling, general safety, range specific and administrative, operating procedures and RSO instructions.
- Any violation of the firearm safety rules, operating procedures (Range Rules), or RSO instructions can be cause for removal from the range, forfeiture of the individual rights to return to Dynamic Shooting Sports, LLC’s Facility indefinitely or for a period of time solely determined by Dynamic Shooting Sports, LLC, and/or forfeiture of any and all fees or monies paid to Dynamic Shooting Sports, LLC.